Latest Media Releases
Annual results 2009 Holcim Ltd
- Tight cost and capacity management bear fruit in a difficult market environment.
- Like for like, the CHF 857 million reduction in fixed costs exceeds the goal of CHF 600 million.
- Strategic capacity expansion program continued.
- Higher operating EBITDA margin despite lower volumes in all segments in the second half.
- Compared with the previous year, significantly better financial results in the fourth quarter.
- Net income slightly below CHF 2 billion.
- Cash flow from operating activities increases to CHF 3.9 billion.
- Strong liquidity, lower net debt, balance sheet further strengthened.
- Proposal for an unchanged dividend payout ratio; cash dividend of CHF 1.50 per registered share.
- Non-binding advisory vote on the compensation report.
Holcim supports ICRC field activities
The president of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Jakob Kellenberger, and the CEO of Holcim Ltd, Markus Akermann, today signed a long-term agreement during the World Economic Forum meetings in Davos, Switzerland. As a new member of the ICRC Corporate Support Group, Holcim will fund humanitarian projects as part of its commitment to sustainable development.
Changes at Area Management level at Holcim Ltd
Bill Bolsover will retire from his position as Area Manager and member of the senior management of Holcim Ltd at the end of March 2010. In 2006, he was appointed CEO of Aggregate Industries Ltd with activities in the UK and the US. At Holcim Group level, he was also in charge of the corporate function Aggregates & Construction Materials Services. The Executive Committee would like to thank Bill Bolsover for his valuable contribution to the Group. In 2010, Bill Bolsover will be elected Chairman of the Board of Directors of Aggregate Industries UK and will remain member of the Board of Directors of Aggregate Industries US.
Media Release Third Quarter 2009
- Holcim reacted quickly and decisively to the macroeconomic environment:
- In markets with weak demand, capacity in all segments was shut down; approximately 10 million tonnes in the cement segment
- Fixed costs were reduced by CHF 573 million from January to September
- Net income like-for-like increased by 13.7 percent in the third quarter despite lower sales volumes
- Operating EBITDA margin increased to 25.8 percent in the third quarter
- Cash flow from operating activities significantly increased and free cash flow doubled
- The strategic expansion program with a focus on emerging markets continues as planned
- Acquisition in Australia strengthens Holcim in an attractive market
- The Group will start the new financial year from a strong position and grow again
Acquisition of Cemex Australia successfully completed
After completion of the due diligence and the approval of the Australian authorities, Holcim has successfully completed the acquisition of Cemex Australia as per October 1, 2009. The new Group company, which now trades under the name Holcim (Australia) Pty Ltd, is being fully consolidated as of that date. It continues to operate under the leadership of its proven management team.