News and publications
Media release on Annual Results 2012
In 2012, Holcim increased consolidated net sales, operating EBITDA and net income despite the difficult economic environment in Europe and restructuring costs. The Holcim Leadership Journey, which is well under way across the whole Group, also supported operating performance. The Board of Directors proposes a higher payout of CHF 1.15 per registered share. In 2013, Holcim expects increasing sales volumes and significant growth in operating EBITDA and operating profit.
Media release on 3rd quarter results 2012
• Rising cement deliveries in the first nine months of 2012
• Price increases support earnings, slightly better margins
• Higher operating EBITDA and operating profit
• Solid cash flow from operating activities
• Net income – attributable to shareholders of Holcim Ltd – significantly higher than last year
• Holcim Leadership Journey progresses on plan
• Holcim will achieve organic growth in 2012
Media release on 1st half results 2012
- Rising cement volumes and better prices
- Higher operating EBITDA and organic growth
- Better margins in the second quarter
- Net income attributable to shareholders of Holcim Ltd up on last year
- Group will achieve organic growth in 2012 as well as benefit from the "Holcim Leadership Journey"
Holcim on track to achieve sustainability targets
The 2011 Holcim Corporate Sustainable Development Report shows that the Group is on track to achieve its sustainability targets. The self-imposed targets for reducing dust and NOx emissions have been met, and Holcim remains a leader in the industry with the lowest CO2 emissions per tonne of cement produced. For CEO Bernard Fontana, sustainable development is very important, with the highest priority being occupational health and safety.
Media release on first quarter 2012
- Higher operating EBITDA "like-for-like"
- Better prices in all segments and in the four large Group regions
- Asia and Latin America continue to grow
- Harsh winter dampens construction in Europe
- Increasing demand in North America
- Program to further strengthen market and cost leadership