Beenleigh quarry and the Ormeau community established a voluntary Community Consultative Committee (CCC) in 2013 to provide advice and local knowledge to Holcim in relation to the off-site experiences of the quarry operation. Membership is by invitation and members represent broad stakeholder interests.
The CCC is a voluntary Holcim initiative.
The CCC, which now meets quarterly, provides a platform for sharing information and community involvement. A typical meeting covers updates on quarry operations including transport, environmental compliance and community engagement activities.
Members of the CCC are voluntary and include Holcim and community representatives.
- Allan Currie (Yugambeh Traditional Owners)
- Helen Falcone (local community)
- Heather Dunn (local community)
- Campbell Staines (local community)
- Stewart Sedgwick (local community)
- Sue Durance (Landcare)
- Judy Hendrikx (local community)
- Alan Clarke (local community)
- Chris Geeves (Holcim Beenleigh Quarry Manager)
- Jacqueline Piddick (Holcim Public Affairs and Chairperson)
You can have your say or ask for an issue to be raised by contacting one of your community representatives above or Beenleigh Quarry Manager Chris Geeves on 0429 791 403.
Terms of Reference
Community Consultative Committee members agreed to Terms of Reference at the inception of the Committee in 2013. The Terms are reviewed and updated annually. The Terms set out the intention of the Committee, meeting protocols and the roles and responsibilities of all members.