LafargeHolcim Awards for Sustainable Construction
Flagship of the Foundation is the LafargeHolcim Awards for Sustainable Construction. It is the world’s most significant competition for sustainable design. It rewards projects and visionary concepts that go beyond balancing environmental performance, social responsibility, and economic growth, thereby exemplifying architectural excellence and a high degree of transferability. Each competition cycle spans three years, from announcement to completion and a total of USD 2 million in prize money is awarded.
The LafargeHolcim Awards competition for projects and visions from architecture, engineering, urban planning, materials science, construction technology, and related fields has two categories:
LafargeHolcim Awards main category
- For exemplary sustainable construction projects at an advanced stage of design from architecture, engineering, urban planning, materials and construction technology, and related fields.
- No age restriction for project authors.
- Project must not have started construction/fabrication before January 1, 2019.
LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation category
- For visionary design concepts and bold ideas including design studio and research work.
- Authors can be no older than 30 years of age (date of birth later than June 4, 1988).
- Students and young professionals are welcome to enter the Awards main category with projects that have reached an advanced stage of design.
The 6th International LafargeHolcim Awards competition is open for entries until February 25, 2020.