We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have established a dedicated internal team who are developing and implementing wide-ranging safety measures across our business, with additional guidance provided by the Australian and New Zealand governments, travel providers, the Holcim Group and other expert bodies.
What action is Holcim taking?
As we work on keeping people safe and striving to provide our customers with the high level of service they expect from Holcim, we have put in place Business Continuity Plans and a range of other measures to ensure that we do everything possible to limit the spread of COVID-19. In addition to mirroring government policy relating to social distancing and public gatherings, as well as border and travel restrictions, we have implemented the following to maintain the safety of our people and customers:
- Employees are working from home, where possible
- Employees and contractors are being asked to self-report any symptoms and self-isolate where required in line Government advice.
- We have increased availability of cleaning and hygiene products at all sites and continue to educate our teams on best practice hygiene advice
- All operational and delivery employees have implemented controls to reduce direct or close face-to-face contact on both customer sites and our own, including:
- social distancing of at least 1.5 metres outdoors and 1 person per 4 square metres indoors
- modifying shifts and rosters to reduce peak periods and extensive crossover of groups
- visual reminders and barriers to create space at meeting points, between workstations, lunchrooms, and other seated areas
- limiting access to our sites to only production critical personnel and within that limiting range of movement between areas
- We have implemented further controls to reduce environmental exposure, including:
- the inspection and review of air conditioning and ventilation systems
- removing the need for repetitive and direct touching of shared surfaces where possible, e.g. tap on/off with fingerprint at beginning and end of shifts, contactless delivery
- increasing cleaning and disinfection of high-traffic areas or essential shared surfaces where it's not possible to remove the need
- providing hospital cleaning products and guides for cleaning workspaces
- providing instruction guides and amenities for personal hygiene and infection control
- Raising awareness of COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, and shortness of breath) and making sure workers know what to do if they notice these symptoms in themselves, colleagues, suppliers or other personnel
- Communicating with suppliers on expectations when attending our sites
- Communicating with customers on what we are doing to ensure safety at their sites
- Communicating and raising awareness with drivers on how they can keep themselves and others safe – for example through contactless delivery method
We recognise that these are challenging times, and we continue to monitor and respond to this evolving situation. As circumstances change, we will continue to communicate with you on how we are managing this situation, ensuring business continuity, and the wellbeing of both our employees and customers.
In response to government recommendations regarding social distancing, Holcim implemented a policy of no customer signatures for delivery documentation from 30 March 2020. This policy extends to our subsidiary brands Excel Concrete, Broadway & Frame, Donmix, and PF Concrete. For more information click here.
If you have any reason to suspect the virus may be on your site, please let us know immediately.
Need more information about COVID-19?
You can visit the: